Re: Slowing down while editing document on the client

Subject: Re: Slowing down while editing document on the client
From: Mikkel C. Simonsen (mcs@post5.tele.dk)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 13:44:44 EDT

Jason Quigley wrote:

> Okay, this looks like you are connecting by selecting the server name in the
> chooser. The system is trying to do an DNS lookup for the server name/domain
> as it will try to see if the server talks ASIP before reverting to ASAT.

Are you sure about that? I have a test server running (Netatalk 1.5 pre
6 on FreeBSD). It isn't in the hostfile, and its not in the DNS, but the
macs connect to it via TCP/IP when we click on the server in Chooser.

So I guess the IP-address information is sent via Appletalk.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen