Re: Solaris 8 ddp driver problem

Subject: Re: Solaris 8 ddp driver problem
From: Bruce Kropp (kropp@aracnet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 13:35:54 EDT

Sure, I saw that two, and so I tried it in 32-bit mode
(using gcc/g++ 2.95 on Solaris 8 01/01). Both times
it compiled fine (64-bit, and 32-bit modes), but both
times I get the same message when running make kinstall:

    add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
    devfsadm: driver failed to attach: ddp
    Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach

I have these entries in /etc/services:

   rtmp 1/ddp
   nbp 2/ddp
   echo 4/ddp
   zip 6/ddp
   afpovertcp 548/tcp
   afpovertcp 548/udp

and this /etc/netconfig entry:

   ddp tpi_clts - appletalk ddp /dev/ddp -

but I've never seen the device /dev/ddp get
created automatically. So I hand created one
with my best guess (which could be a bad one):

   /dev/ddp -> /devices/pseudo/ddp@0:ddp

Could you tell me what the device is supposed to
look like (I assume it is in /devices/pseudo/... ),
including major and minor numbers?

-bruce
Bruce Kropp
bruce@mail.thefourseasons.org