Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?

Subject: Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?
From: Kim Holburn (kim.holburn@anu.edu.au)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 19:36:56 EDT

At 5:39 PM -0500 11/10/01, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > From: David <zer0@mac.com>
>> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:21:27 -0400
>>
>> smb://address/share
>>
>> Note, you have to specify the shared resource because you cannot browse
>> them and select.
>
>Thanks...that works.
>
>Between the inability to browse and the loss of my resource forks and meta
>data, it's pretty close to useless, but it does work.

A document at apple somewhere warns that if you open more than one
smb share in 10.1 you will get a kernel panic!!!

>I'm tired today. I'm going to work on building myself an RPM of
>netatalk-1.5pre8 tomorrow. (I need an RPM because I'm supporting multiple
>servers and I do all my software management via RPM.)
>
>Chris
>
>--
>Chris Garrigues http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
>virCIO http://www.virCIO.Com
>4314 Avenue C
>Austin, TX 78751-3709 +1 512 374 0500
>
> My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an
> explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html
>
> The Greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the
> hijacking of morality by religion. However valuable -- even
> necessary -- that may have been in enforcing good behavior on
> primitive peoples, their association is now counterproductive.
> Yet at the very moment when they should be decoupled,
> sanctimonious nitwits are calling for a return to morals based
> on superstition.
> --- Arthur C. Clarke

>Attachment converted: kaliana:Untitled 24 (????/----) (000431A5)

Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  P/F: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn@anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts. Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)