Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?

Subject: Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?
From: Chip Mefford (cmefford@avwashington.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:09:20 EDT

On 2001.10.11 17:54 Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > From: mikko@fs.sorl.net
> > Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:20:49 +0200
> >
> > If you use osX, why dont you use samba?

I tried this, and just got extremely frustrated,
as has been my experience with 10.x

Under the users/username/Documents directory, I make
a "test" directory,

ran mount,

mount -t smbfs //sambaserver/sharename
/"path"/username/Documents/test

and logged in just fine.

Then I drilled to the test director with the finder, but
each time I tried to open any document, or use anything
on the mounted directory, I get prompted for a
login, so I log in, and then I get a shortcut/alias on
the desktop to the file, click on that, get prompted to
log in, I log in, get a shortcut/alias and so on and so
on.

What would be the correct way to do this?