Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?

Subject: Re: okay, so what version should I use with 10.1?
From: Sebastian Rittau (srittau@jroger.in-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 19:22:47 EDT

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 05:47:51PM -0500, Karen A Swanberg wrote:

> Debian -
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-us/pool/non-US/main/n/netatalk/ (note,
> this iss in the non-U.S. distrib, and is in the non-stable section.
> Maintained by Sebastian)

But note that non-us means "not to be exported from the U.S.", and not
"not for use in the U.S.". It may be legally forbidden to export the
software in non-us from the U.S., but since non-us.debian.org is located
in the Netherlands (and I am located in Germany), there shouldn't be any
problems for anybody downloading and using this.

Also, all this doesn't apply to netatalk, since the Debian version isn't
linked against OpenSSL anymore. (The linking against it was the original
reason to move netatalk to non-us. And since I want to link against it
again when the legal problems[1] are resolved, I didn't bother to move it
back.)

 - Sebastian

[1] The legal problem is that netatalk is now GPL'ed and OpenSSL can't
    be linked against GPL'ed programs (accordings to the FSF).