TheVolumeSettingsFolder, TheFindByContentFolder

Subject: TheVolumeSettingsFolder, TheFindByContentFolder
From: Ralph de Rijke (ralph@mediamatic.nl)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 10:39:05 EDT

Hi guys,

First, thanks to everyone who ever worked on netatalk - we couldn't live
without it here! We're using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6.i386 to give our
Mac designers access to Linux (Mandrake 7.2) fileservers, and it all
works like a dream.

Could someone please enlighten me on TheVolumeSettingsFolder and
TheFindByContentFolder (which I don't want the clients to see)? For
instance...
- What are they for?
- When are they made?
- When are they visible to Mac clients and when invisible?

Thanks,

Ralph

--
Ralph de Rijke, Linux System Administrator
Mediamatic IP, Prins Hendrikkade 192, Amsterdam

"The world is now too dangerous for anything less than Utopia." R. Buckminster Fuller