Re: Can I use netatalk with OSX?

Subject: Re: Can I use netatalk with OSX?
From: Steven Karel (karelsf@brandeis.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 09:15:20 EDT

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Ian Hitchman wrote:

> Sorry still no joy. Any suggestions?
>
> Ian.
>
> System redhat 7.1 kernel 2.4.7 i686
> netatalk-1.5pre7
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/atalk \
> --enable-redhat \
> --with-tcp-wrappers \
> --with-flock-locks \
> --with-shadow \
> --with-did=last
> Mac OSX 10.0.4(Build 4Q12)
>
> When trying to copy files to the OSX box I get a -43 error "one or more of
> the items could not be found". I have created a symbolic link from
> /etc/netatalk to /usr/local/atalk/etc/ as the system appears to want
> a /etc/netatalk/netatalk dir.

error -43 is the error I used to get with previous versions. That, and the
bit about /etc/netatalk, suggest to me that maybe you have old versions of
netatalk hanging about on your computer that are getting launched?

I'd do a "make clean" in the netatalk folder before reconfiguring (or even
just untar a clean copy) and also search my computer for old copy of afpd,
atalkd, and friends and expunge those.

If that doesn't help, e-mail the netatalk-devel list and/or file a bug
report at http://netatalk.sourceforge.net

steven