Re: Case senstivity

Subject: Re: Case senstivity
From: Rory Campbell-Lange (rory@campbell-lange.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 13:05:17 EDT

Matthew

Thanks very much indeed for your response. I've downloaded and installed
1.5pre6. I've got a couple of new problems. Can you help?

I've installed on Debian. I had to edit the paths of afpd et al from
/usr/sbin to /usr/local/sbin etc. I should have set this path in
configure I realise.

More problematic is that I don't think the install is seeing my
/etc/netatalk configuration files. I reckon this is the case because the
server is showing up in the chooser with the Linux box's host name
rather than the one in my AppleVolumes.default file.

Trying to log onto the server (which does show up in the chooser) I get
the following error message when trying to connect to the server:

"The UAM method required by this server cannot be found..."

Interestingly, if a do a find for "AppleVolumes.default", there is one
in my /etc/netatalk folder (made by Debian) and one in the source
directory (<source>/config) and one in the source config none directory
(<source>/config/NONE/etc/).

I don't quite know which one to use!

Thanks for any help.
Rory