Re: Case senstivity

Subject: Re: Case senstivity
From: jeff (jeff@univrel.pr.uconn.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 14:45:41 EDT

Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
-- SNIP --
> More problematic is that I don't think the install is seeing my
> /etc/netatalk configuration files. I reckon this is the case because the
> server is showing up in the chooser with the Linux box's host name
> rather than the one in my AppleVolumes.default file.

Change /etc/netatalk/netatalk.conf to use the box's preferred name. Try
to avoid spaces.

> Trying to log onto the server (which does show up in the chooser) I get
> the following error message when trying to connect to the server:
>
> "The UAM method required by this server cannot be found..."

Are the UAMs loading? Check your logs.

If they are, it is possible that your AppleShare Client is out of date.
Check Apple's website to see what the newest version for your version of
MacOS is.

> Interestingly, if a do a find for "AppleVolumes.default", there is one
> in my /etc/netatalk folder (made by Debian) and one in the source
> directory (<source>/config) and one in the source config none directory
> (<source>/config/NONE/etc/).
>
> I don't quite know which one to use!

The /etc/netatalk one, I believe.

jeff