RE: Case senstivity

Subject: RE: Case senstivity
From: Chris Bondelid (cbond@umci.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 12:13:02 EDT

What version of netatalk are you running?

Recompiling the kernel won't help you in this case. Only AppleTalk DDP is
in the kernel. And that just lets your box speak AppleTalk but does nothing
else as far as configuring your AppleShare services.

I'm running 1.5pre5. In AppleVolumes.default, there's a "casefold" option
that works great for me - "casefold:tolower"

The options for casefolding are:

# casefold options [syntax: casefold:option]:
# tolower -> lowercases names in both directions
# toupper -> uppercases names in both directions
# xlatelower -> client sees lowercase, server sees uppercase
# xlateupper -> client sees uppercase, server sees lowercase

Chris

SysAdmin
University Mechanical