Re: Sherlock from Mac OS 9 slow

Subject: Re: Sherlock from Mac OS 9 slow
From: Vic Landi (vic@mail.jamesltaylor.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 17:19:52 EST

Problem is that _find_ is usually generated every night by cron... The mac
does it on the fly... if you wanted to repeat the process, you'd be choking
up a lot of time running the update every second...

Don't ask me about the file system thing... I'm just relating what I was
told the last time when I brought this up...