Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...

Subject: Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...
From: Chad Cunningham (ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 15:13:41 EST

I agree, I've got the final release on an iBook G3 300 and it works great.
The slowness associated with PB is gone, doesn't get hung up switching
active windows, etc. Apps are still a bit slow to launch, but waking up
from sleep is much much faster. Speed on classic apps is excellent, much
much better than PB.

Really, I think it will run fine on any G3 with sufficient ram (at least
128 if you want to use classic).

--

Chad Cunningham ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is bad! Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it bites!"