RE: Illustrator EPS files

Subject: RE: Illustrator EPS files
From: Tom Barrons (tom@byte-productions.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 13:10:11 EST

Dan, Actually I don't think my trials indicate the problem is netatalk, it
might be Illustrator that has the problem. As Alan suggested Adobe may have
mad a change in version 9 that is the culprit. Since I don't own Apple's
AppleShare IP Server, I can't test it to verify either case.

I'm going to post my findings to Adobe and then keep an eye on their site to
see if they patch it cause I too would like this art department to us the
faster connection. Which technically they can do by saving the file to
their local workstations and then copying it over the network to the server
(which I'd rather they did anyhow).

Though If it can be proven to be a netatalk issue it probably should be
added as a future feature to relieve frustration for network admins, because
as I can attest to it's hard to break the old bad habbits of an entire art
department.