Another reason to go GPL

Subject: Another reason to go GPL
From: andrew morgan (morgan@orst.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 12:55:37 EST

Here's another reason we should go GPL with netatalk. Samba has a piece
of code which does quotas on Veritas File Systems which I need to use at
our site. Same problem as the file locking code though. We can't take
GPL code and place it in netatalk without releasing netatalk as GPL.

I may be able to get permission from the author of that particular piece
of code to include it in netatalk anyways, but the samba project itself
will not release the code for our use.

GPL - just do it. :P

        Andy