Re: Helping Out

Subject: Re: Helping Out
From: David Rouse (david@rouseworld.org)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 11:36:24 EST

On 2/24/01 at 8:43 AM, Daniel E. Lautenschleger <dan@www.molbio.wisc.edu>
wrote:

>I think many folks would like to see dropkludge, a DID database, and the
>feature that allows files created in netatalk volumes to have the same
>ownership and permissions as the parent (correct)?

I haven't played with OS X yet, but how does Apple handle that situation
(files that have independent ownership)? They would be faced with it with OS
X.

I appologize if this has been raised before. I've just moved to Netatalk
from a commerical Unix AppleTalk package (at least for my home network), so
I'm new around here. And so far I've been pleased, the only trouble I've had
that I don't think is my fault is with aliases of volumes -- and that seems
to be a known issue.

--
drouse