Re: Sharing CD-ROM's and Floppy's via NetaTalk

Subject: Re: Sharing CD-ROM's and Floppy's via NetaTalk
From: Philip B. Bechtel (pbechtel@concentric.net)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 19:44:02 EST

Stefan,

    I used Supermount to allow the CDs to be mounted. It worked ok for
most files, but never was satisfactory for Mac executables.
The reason was that the date/time information that Linux offered to the
Mac clients, was almost always out-of-order, and the software
would refuse to work.

Good Luck, and let me know if it works. It was a long time ago, that I
used netatalk to serve CDs to Macs, I hope the date/time
information has been corrected, kernel 1.3.

Phil

--
- Philip B, Bechtel                                                    -
- AARDSYS,LLC                         "The earth is but one country    -