Howdy.

Subject: Howdy.
From: leandro asnaghi-nicastro (leandro@capnasty.org)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 00:49:19 EDT

Hello, I'm new to netatalk and my apologies if this post is not
appropriate. From what I read on the webpage, this should be okay,
but if it isn't, I'm sorry.

I installed netatalk on my Linux box (Slackware kernel 2.2.16) to
see if I could setup a fileserver for my Macs (Classic SE and a
Quadra 605 LC). The machines run Mac OS 7.5.2. (It should be
noted that the Classic is currently off due to some maintenance I
am doing to it).

Now, I set up AppleTalk on the Macs, which, since they are using
an old version of the OS, do not have AppleShare IP. This would
mean they use the Classic method.

Unfortunately, while I believe that I've done everything right on the
Linux box, I still cannot see the shares on the Linux box (I can't see
the server period, to be perfectly honest).

With a packet sniffer I can see that the Mac is broadcasting, and
with a portscanner, I can see that the netatalk is working (the ports
respond).

I'm sure I've done something incredibly stupid, like configuring the
dameons wrong, but if someone could kick me in the right direction,
I'd be very grateful.

Best.
leandro

---
leandro asnaghi-nicastro - editor in chief
capital of nasty - http://www.capnasty.org
leandro@capnasty.org - icq uin: 889318
"My other signature is a Mercedes".