Re: Multiple NICS under netatalk

Subject: Re: Multiple NICS under netatalk
From: Thomas Schierle (ts@visual-s.de)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 16:53:33 EDT

I believe it's a bug -- the card which catches a connection first
is used. For a single connection from a Mac, incoming packets
may be handled by ether0, outgoing by ether1.

That may cause trouble, for me connections to my Netatalk box
(Netatalk not configured to use a single NIC, no AppleTalk routing)
have been unstable, especially with multiple simultaneous copies,
until I physically separated both subnets.

NICs in use: SMC EtherPower II, and on old Realtec 8019 (NE2000 mode).
Each NIC running perfectly stable.

-Thomas

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers