Multiple NICS under netatalk

Subject: Multiple NICS under netatalk
From: Bryn Hughes (bhughes@vcc.bc.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 13:48:56 EDT

I have a machine running netatalk with 2 ethernet cards. Each of them is connected to a different subnet on our system, but both of them are really the same number of hops away from most of the computers that use the server. I've noticed that connections over TCP/IP seem to go to either NIC. This IS what I want, but I was wondering how netatalk decides which NIC to use. Only one of them has Appletalk enabled on it, and it seems that half the time I'm connecting to that one and half the time I'm connecting to the other one. Is there some sort of load balancing going on?

Bryn