Re: backing up using rsync+netatalk

Subject: Re: backing up using rsync+netatalk
From: Ian Hitchman (ih207@hermes.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 03:52:02 EDT

system RedHat 7.0
I use rsync to backup one large netatalk volume to another netatalk box
with ssh. I have found it works very well and have had to recover all data
once after a controller failed. The following is my attempt run as a cron
job..

/usr/bin/rsync --force --ignore-errors --delete --backup
--backup-dir=/mnt/F/inc/staff/ -av -e ssh user@:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
/mnt/35gR/home1/ /mnt/C/staff/

/F/inc/staff I use to store the difference /C/staff/ is the current
backed redundant store or backup & /mnt/35gR/home1/ is the work I am
backing up. I have found it a little slow over ssh but the volume is
roughly 260gig. I found http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/ helpful.

All the best,

Ian.