Re: problem installing netatalk

Subject: Re: problem installing netatalk
From: Paul Krohn (pkrohn@daemonize.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 22:19:55 EDT

This is really an RPM problem, but I spent much more time thatn I should
have realising that to uninstall a package using rpm, you must use the
package name, and not the name of the file containing the package, ie:

rpm --erase netatalk-1.5pre6-1mdk

and not

rpm --erase netatalk-1.5pre6-1mdk.i586.rpm

Of course, it is still possible to find yourself is a situation where
you get 'is already installed' when you try to install and 'is not
installed' when you try to uninstall. Then try to rebuild your rpm
database, or the --force option.

<snip>