Re: netatalk won't let me upload large files

Subject: Re: netatalk won't let me upload large files
From: Thomas Schierle (ts@visual-s.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 17:03:58 EDT

On 2001-09-10 08:49 +0200, Sébastien Sainte-Marie wrote:

> I've just installed netatalk 1.5pre6 because I thought it could help me
> resolve a problem that appeared recently in the default 1.4b2 that was
> in the Linux yellow dog distribution.
>
> The problem that appeared was the impossibility to upload on the server
> a large file (>1Mb) via the mounted netatalk volume. We can copy big
> files from the server to the differents Mac but not from the Mac to the
> server. Surprisingly, it's possible to upload a large file via
> appleshare ip over the internet.

just out of couriosity, is your server also acting as a firewall or
does it employ any kind of IP filtering?

- last weekend i did upgrade my home network from 10 Mbit to 100 Mbit
and I instantly got hitten by a kernel bug (2.4.4-4GB) which didn't show
up at 10 Mbit access. I couldn't upload large files to the server anymore,
broken stream etc ... several attempts later the Linux box crashed.

after I had disabled firewall, AplleShare transfers reverted back to
rocksolid.

> I just don't understand why I have this error since it appeared without
> modifying anything for netatalk.
>
> when I launch it it writes:
>
> socket: invalid argument
> socket: invalid argument
> atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting

I don't believe these messages are related to your upload problems

> the thing that amaze me is that I havn't touched to atalk files or
> configuration. This problem appeared like this... I sincerely don't
> understand what happened. I hope someone will be able to help me.

good luck,
-Thomas

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers