netatalk won't let me upload large files

Subject: netatalk won't let me upload large files
From: Sébastien Sainte-Marie (sms@artwebdesignstudio.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 02:49:56 EDT

Hi

I've just installed netatalk 1.5pre6 because I thought it could help me
resolve a problem that appeared recently in the default 1.4b2 that was
in the Linux yellow dog distribution.

The problem that appeared was the impossibility to upload on the server
a large file (>1Mb) via the mounted netatalk volume. We can copy big
files from the server to the differents Mac but not from the Mac to the
server. Surprisingly, it's possible to upload a large file via
appleshare ip over the internet.

I just don't understand why I have this error since it appeared without
modifying anything for netatalk.

when I launch it it writes:

socket: invalid argument
socket: invalid argument
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting

the thing that amaze me is that I havn't touched to atalk files or
configuration. This problem appeared like this... I sincerely don't
understand what happened. I hope someone will be able to help me.

Sebastien