codepage problems: version not supported

Subject: codepage problems: version not supported
From: Lorenzo Perone (lopez.on.the.lists@yellowspace.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 16:00:47 EDT

Hi all,

I've been fighting (I wonder when I've ever NOT been fighting with netatalk...) with the codepage issue all day now.
No message on this list could help me this time unfortunately.
Still using 1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre_37_test, BTW (best bet for me...).
The server OS is SuSE Linux 7.1 on an Intel Box.

I fought... until I finally found out a message in /var/log/messages that pointed out:

Sep 2 15:56:31 myhost afpd[5609]: /usr/local/atalk/etc/nls/maccode.iso8859-1: codepage version not supported

So I gathered together all the 'maccode.iso8859-1' codepages I had in the (as always) multiple installations of netatalk, and tried them one by one until I finally had the working one.

In fact, I think this happened because I ended up mixing atalk directories... (so picking the one compiled with your favorite ntalk should do), but one never knows with netatalk...

Pasting those cpages into this message sure won't make any sense (I can mail a .tar with the ones I have if anybody wishes so) - but mind /var/log/messages....
if they're not missing they might be the wrong ones...

just in case you (have) run into the same problem....

(yuppeee, finally filenames on a common ISO ground.....)

:-!

Lorenzo