Re: max number of concurrent connections

Subject: Re: max number of concurrent connections
From: Carsten Neumann (deltor@snafu.de)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 16:26:27 EDT

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, A. Lester Burke wrote:
> Under the Linux configuration of Netatalk there is a file called config
> that allows for the setting of the maximum number of clients that can
> connect at one time.

Actually, under linux there is NO file called "config".
(Of all versions of netatalk I know: 1.4b2+asun, 1.5pre{5,6})

There are four configuration files:

afpd.conf
atalkd.conf
netatalk.conf
papd.conf

usually found under /etc/atalk.

I think there is no specific limitation on the number of clients,
but you can set the maximum number of AFP (AppleShare) clients in afpd.conf:

AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS=20

sets this to 20 ;-)

I think you can't change the maximum number of clients of other protocols (e.g. PAP,NBP,ZIP).

> Where is the equivalent parameter set in FreeBSD 4.3.

The names/path should be equal/similar.

> Thank You
>
> --
> A. Lester Burke