Re: Incorrect password?

Subject: Re: Incorrect password?
From: Henning Jebsen (hjebsen@hbv.de)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 06:58:24 EDT

xris wrote:

> > When I just tried this, I had the same problem but that was because I
> > didn't have the --with-shadow option enabled. What I also noticed, and
> > that may be your problem too, is that --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk doesn't
> > work, or at least it does not help to set the config dir. This was
> > accomplished by --with-config-dir=path.
>
> Nope, didn't seem to help.
>
> Something's definitely weird, though, since afpd doesn't start by itself
> (rc.atalk isn't loading at boot time).... The compile config is definitely
> a bit screwey, at least compared to the earlier versions that I used (I had
> some trouble with pre3 on my old machine, but nothing like this).

Hi,
What does /etc/var/log/messages say, when you are trying to logon ? UAM missing
?
So search for the file uams_dhx_pam.so and copy it to your
/etc/atalk/uams/ directory.

There are some versions out, which donīt install this uam correctly.

Second chance: Go into afpd.conf and disable the DHX module, the client will
then
fall back to cleartext login.

To load netatalk, only /usr/sbin/afpd is needed. At clients site you have to
enter
the IP-name or IP-Adress of the server to connect. You will not see the server
at the chooser until you start atalkd.

Good luck

--
mailto: hjebsen@hbv.de  (Henning Jebsen)