another strange error (umlauts in folder name)

Subject: another strange error (umlauts in folder name)
From: Harald Wagener (hwagener@fcb-wilkens.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:53:56 EDT

When trying to open a certain folder,
the error message is:

- in german
"<folder name>" (Ordner) konnte nicht geöffnet werden, weil das Objekt nicht
gefunden wurde

-in english this would be
"<folder name>" (Folder) cannot be opened, because the object was not found

It is a folder with two gig of data inside, and my users would want to work on
that data again (the folder and the data are
on disc, undamaged).

If I change the name to one containing no umlaut, things work as expected.

in a mainly german speaking environment, this is quite undesirable. Would setting
the option mswindows
(which also sets the 8859-1 codepage) help?

Regards,
        Harald

PS: This is with 1.5pre6 binary RPM, RedHat 7.1, it seems to work with 1.5pre3 (on
another machine).

H.

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252