Re: netatalk search volume

Subject: Re: netatalk search volume
From: jeff@sudjam.com
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 08:22:12 EDT

I was able to resolve my volume searching.

I had a hunch that it could be file naming convention. I wrote a shell
script to go through all 159,000 files and check if there was any
macintosh extended chars or control chars and correct the file names.

After running this script I was able to search the volume. It was damn
slow with so many files, but a volume search did work properly.

Jeff