Re: Poor netatalk performance

Subject: Re: Poor netatalk performance
From: Thomas Kaiser (Thomas.Kaiser@phg-online.de)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 03:46:28 EDT

on Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:34:21 +0300 (EET DST), Lasse Lehtinen wrote:

> So I would have two NIC's in the same network with no routing and AppleTalk
> enabled on just one them. How does that sound?

Okay.

If you use eth1 for AppleTalk then you should configure in afpd.conf also
that eth1's ip address should be used for afp over tcp:

~ > cat /etc/atalk/afpd.conf
"Name of your Netatalk box" -ddp -tcp -address [eth1's address]

If clients connect via the chooser (NBP) then the server will answer their
FPGetSrvrInfo request with all the possibilities to connect to him
(including this ip address and default port 548).

If your clients use AppleShare Client 3.7.4 (AFAIR) or later then they will
establish the afp session via tcp/ip on the given address/port.

regards,

Thomas