netatalk 1.4.99 ignoring AFPD_MAX_USERS in /etc/atalk/netatalk.conf

Subject: netatalk 1.4.99 ignoring AFPD_MAX_USERS in /etc/atalk/netatalk.conf
From: Harald Wagener (hwagener@fcb-wilkens.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:51:38 EDT

Greetings, all.

This is on a Redhat 7 box, and everything else is running smoothly. But right now,
I cannot have more than 20 users connect to our file server (I have about 200
clients to serve). I have set AFPD_MAX_USERS to 200, but this didn't change a
thing. Obviously, this does not help people to adopt to the new fileserver.

I could easily recompile with a higher default limit, but I would want to avoid
it.

Is there anything else that needs to be taken care of if I want to set the user
limit to a reasonable value (for this business, that is)?

Regards,
        Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252