Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues

Subject: Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
From: roger.day@globalgraphics.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 11:24:47 EDT

At 11/07/2001 16:16:29, Jeff <jeff@univrel.pr.uconn.edu> wrote:
# roger.day@globalgraphics.com wrote:
# > I've looked in the database but I can't see this bug anywhere.
# >
# > We have a MacOS X build server which, on completion, copies a lot of files
in a
# > short period of time to a RedHat 7.1 linux box (128meg RAM, Pentium 2).
After a
# > while, the build server dies with a kernel assertion. We were wondering if
any
# > one had seen this before?
#
# Which version of netatalk are you using?

The tar file is called pre-asun2.1.4-37b.tar

it decompresses into a directory called

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4

Is there a deterministic way of finding the version?

# > This is quite important to us as we're relying on this to try and get a
product
# > out shortly.
# >
# > We would also like to know -who- is supporting netatalk these days. I've
heard a
# > rumour that Apple are looking for a netatalk developer.
#
# Interesting. Currently most support seems to be via the admin and
# developer lists.

This was from someone on the darwin-developers list.

Also the lack of archive here http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/mailing_lists.php
for 2000/2001 does give an appearance of cobwebness to the page.

# > BTW, the netatalk developers list seems to be dead. My request to join was
# > bounced.
#
# I'll try manually adding you. (netatalk-devel@lists.sourceforge.net)

Cheers.