RE: and yet muddier

Subject: RE: and yet muddier
From: Chris Herrmann (chris@faredge.com.au)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 18:55:33 EDT

No, it's not related to Linux permissions on the Network Trash folder -
first thing I checked. They're all logging in as guest users atm, which
would obviate any user/group permission issues - it behave exactly the same
way as when it was running with user perms.

The way to get around user/group problems for folders is to setgid the
directory (g+s <directory>).

It's definitely related to locking, because if a user doesn't use the
network trash for a long time (where a long time is an unspecified number of
minutes/hours/???) then another user can automagically start using it (found
this out last night by accident).

Recompiled with --enable-dropkludge last night - am already
trying --with-lastdid. Using --with-lastdid has meant that I don't see
millions of messages about conflicting DIDs, so it must be doing something
right!

Will let you know how it goes today... fingers crossed.