Re: Unix (Netatalk) Client of Conventional MacOS Server?

Subject: Re: Unix (Netatalk) Client of Conventional MacOS Server?
From: Chad Cunningham (ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 14:48:31 EDT

Netatalk is a server, it allows other machines to mount volumes from a
unix machine using classic appletalk or appletalk over IP.

As far as I know, there is nothing that will allow any variety of unix to
mount an appleshare volume that is served up by another machine. There is
a linux kernel module that existed at one time, but it didn't work all
that well and hasn't been touched in a few years.

--

Chad Cunningham ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is bad! Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it bites!"