Re: semi-off-topic: how to veto Mac-Icon files in Samba?

Subject: Re: semi-off-topic: how to veto Mac-Icon files in Samba?
From: Ryan McBeth (ryan@mobiusnm.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 12:13:11 EDT

        Lorenzo, just drop this into your smb.conf file and edit away
what you don't need.

veto files =
/*Security*/*root*/.AppleDouble/.bin/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash
Folder/.Parent/Icon?/Desktop/DesktopFolderDB/

        Ryan

>Hi all,
>
>sorry that I'm posting this here - but after all I think it's more
>likely that someone on this list has an answer...:
>
>How can I veto the mac-custom Icon files in smb.conf? I tried with /Icon^M/,
>but it didn't work out, the pcs are showing them. It looks like
>there is a ascii 13 or 10 after the n - anybody got those Icon files
>hidden to SMB clients?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lorenzo

__________________________________
Ryan McBeth
Systems Administrator, Mobius New Media
Voice: (302) 475-9880 x11
FAX: (302) 475-9894
www.mobiusnm.com
Two strings walk into a bar.
The first string asks the bartender:
"Can I have a beer 9^#5bwjD$#@ssDSDeh"
The Second string says:
"Excuse my friend, he isn't null terminated."