Mac OS X client and netatalk woes

Subject: Mac OS X client and netatalk woes
From: Piet Seiden (piet@seiden.dk)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 09:37:02 EDT

I have som problems getting hold of files on my share when accessing it
from OS X. I run netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on FreeBSD 4.2 and when I try to
copy files from my share I get an error (-45) message telling me that the
requested files could not be found (not the exact wording).

I can get at files on a Mac OS 9.1 share running on another mac, so I guess
it has something to do with netatalk. I've only tried TCP/IP, not native
AppleTalk. Upgrading netatalk doesn't seem to be an option as I can't
locate a newer version in the ports tree.

Anybody else with similar experiences?

Piet