OSX: 1.5pre6: FreeBSD 4.2: observation...

Subject: OSX: 1.5pre6: FreeBSD 4.2: observation...
From: Jason Quigley (jasonq@mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 17:26:19 EDT

Hi everyone!

I have noticed a something a little odd with this build. When I connect
to the server directly through the finder's "Connect To Server" menu
option and enter my password, I get a dialogue box saying that the
server has unexpectedly disconnected. I got the following message in
/var/log/messages: "afpd[79000]: dsi_stream_read(0): Operation not
supported"

I keep all my music in a shared directory and I have a Keychain entry
for the server/share already defined from a previous version of
Netatalk. As a little test, I fired up iTunes and started playing some
music. The share mounted and the music started playing. I opened the
share from the desk top icon and was able to browse the directory
without problems.

Has anybody else noticed this sort of behaviour?

Cheers,
Jason.