Re: Illustrator EPS files

Subject: Re: Illustrator EPS files
From: Tom Barrons (tom@byte-productions.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 11:39:49 EST

Problem resolved. Thanks to Alan Premselaar for leading me in the right
direction. Hope this info is useful to somebody else should you run into
the same problem.

It appears that Adobe Illustrator has random problems saving an EPS file
directly to a server when connected via TCP/IP. This art department's old
NT server probably didn't support AppleShareIP and when I set up netatalk
for them it allowed the Mac's to connect via this method for the first time
and the problem showed itself. I just set up another server in afpd.conf
and set the parameter -notcp which forces the Macs who choose this server to
use AppleTalk instead. Then I asked a few of the artists to try this server
instead and they have not reported the problem since.