Re: Probs with netatalk -- server crashes

Subject: Re: Probs with netatalk -- server crashes
From: John L Grantham (john@grantham.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 23:15:54 EST

At 9:50 pm -0600 20/3/01, Takashi Oe wrote:

>> >[...]
>> >
>> >Is the built-in network used in this scenario?
>>
>> It is used, yes, but only for connecting to DSL. The Asante card is
>> connected to the LAN.
>
>Ok, so it's not a bmac problem for sure. Well, I suppose you could remove
>the voodoo card and see if anything changes as it is the only change. You
>have changed your kernel, right?

Actually, no. I hadn't gotten that far yet. ;-)

One thing I just tried for the hell of it (let's just say I start
getting, er, "creative" at 5 am...):

chmod -R g+s /netatalk/mount/point

That seems to have solved the problem of copying *to* the server, but
*from* the server is still goofy. But why the permissions would
suddenly all go blooey is a mystery...

Naturally I get this to halfway work _after_ hours of painstakingly
copying files to various Macs in the LAN in preparation for a
reformat of the drive. *sigh*

cya

John

--