Re: Bug? (not x-posted to devel): "/" in filename = "Type -50" error

Subject: Re: Bug? (not x-posted to devel): "/" in filename = "Type -50" error
From: Richard Michael (rmichael@numbersixnetworks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 18:01:01 EST

* Walt Reed <walt@mail.terrascope.com> [010306 14:48]:
> yes, i just tested this out on my redhat 7.0 box running 1.5pre3. i
> made a folder called one/two and a simpletext doc called 1/2. both
> copied to the share and had no errors, & did not create directories.
> i was able to copy both back to the mac, no problems. only tested
> from the finder though...

Great, so according to all those who replied, there's no problem. This
ought to be fun to track down. Perhaps I can get the user to recreate
another file with the exact name string with the slashes .. I think I
turned off extreme verbose debugging too.. ugh.

This was a file that was saved locally, copied to the appleshare volume,
then copied back (so there's _already_ a copied on the server, implying
.AppleDouble entries, for those keeping track), worked with, renamed
locally and copied back to the server. As far as I can tell, this
should result in the creation of a new file with the slashes in the
name.

How about two slashes, did anyone test that? "DateFormat foo/bar/bar"

I guess I'll test it out next time I'm at the box, I sure hope I can
duplicate it - because sure as day, we could copy other files no
problem, one had the error (slashes), remove slashes, no problem.
Pretty clear.

Thanks all.
Rich