What if 'add "alias net-pf-5 appletalk" ' doesn't work?

Subject: What if 'add "alias net-pf-5 appletalk" ' doesn't work?
From: paul beard (pkdbeard@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 18:44:48 EST

If anyone has any insight on this problem, I'd like to hear it, but please only
if you've actually read my earlier post and understand that I am running Redhat
7 (ie, the conf.modules file has been renamed to modules.conf and I'm not
sure the syntax is right anymore), that I want to know how to make pure DDP
appletalk work, ie. non-tcp and with servers appearing in the Chooser.

yes, I have now read Harry Zink's .sig, and no, it doesn't work anymore. If
this is such an oft-repeated piece of information, why hasn't it been added to
the post-install script in the RPMs, as the changes to /etc/services are?

To steal a page from Harry Zink ("self-evangelization does not serve anyone"),
if you're going to fill my mailbox with ranting, spare yourself the keystrokes.

=====

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115