Re: Sharing CD-ROM's and Floppy's via NetaTalk

Subject: Re: Sharing CD-ROM's and Floppy's via NetaTalk
From: Philip B. Bechtel (pbechtel@concentric.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 00:16:44 EST

The hfs module was available back when I tried it. It certainly did provide the forked files that
were on the Mac CDs. I believe I
copied executables from a Mac CD on a Mac to a Netatalk share and it would then be executable if the
software didn't check the
date/time for some kind of weak copy protection. Some programs worked fine, others didn't. It was a
few years back, so trying it again,
by copying a complete executable from the Mac to a netatalk share, testing execution, then mount the
CD with HFS module loaded, and try execution again to see any difference, would be useful.

Phil

--
- Philip B, Bechtel                                                    -
- AARDSYS,LLC                         "The earth is but one country    -