Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Philip J Spence (pspence@picdar.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:21:38 EST

The AppleVolumes.default shipped with netatalk-1.4.99-0.20001108 contains
these lines.

# nohex -> don't do :hex translations for anything
# except dot files. specify usedots as well if
# you want that turned off. note: this option
# makes the / character illegal.
# usedots -> don't do :hex translation for dot files. note: when
# this option gets set, certain file names
# become illegal. these are .Parent and
# anything that starts with .Apple. also, dot
# files created on the unix side are marked
# invisible.

Useful?