Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Ray Zimmerman (rz10@cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:19:31 EST

At 5:48 PM +0000 1/18/01, Duncan Sinclair wrote:
>It should be possible to get netatalk to tell the mac about dot files,
>but mark them hidden. "Just a Simple Matter of Programming." (TM)
>
>Naturally, special care would have to be taken for the .AppleDouble
>directory.

OK, that's makes three of us ... does anyone see any problems with this?

I think ideally netatalk should have a config option to allow it
choose between the following 3 behaviors:

1. Don't make dotfiles available to the Mac (current behavior).
2. Make dotfiles available as visible files with no name change.
3. Make dotfiles available as invisible files with the '.' stripped off.

        Ray