Re: Appletalk routing

Subject: Re: Appletalk routing
From: Tony Stuckey (stuckey@jaka.ece.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:24:48 EDT

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 08:55:38AM -0700, Gregg Healy wrote:
> I have an Appleshare IP server on the same Network as Netatalk,
> should I be using any special routing or? to make things work
> correctly or better?

        They should coexist peacefully. Are you seeing any problems?

> Also I cannot get papd to print from the macs. It doesnt even start
> to write the file to the server before getting a PS error. What logs
> should I check and/or how do I figure out where this is going wrong?

        You may not want to use PAPD at all.
        MacOS since 8.1 (and with a separate installer for earlier
versions) has had the capability to print directly to an LPR protocol
device (Unix print daemon).

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/archive/admins/1999/0667.html

--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@jaka.ece.uiuc.edu
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."