Re: OS X irony

Subject: Re: OS X irony
From: roger.day@globalgraphics.com
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 05:09:49 EDT

that's dragging big files/file groups from OSX 10.0.4 to Redhat Linux 7.1 - the
OSX would throw a kernel panic -

At 07/10/01 04:44:35, "Chad Leigh -- ObjectWerks Inc." <chad@objectwerks.com>
wrote:
# On Friday, October 5, 2001, at 10:35 AM, roger.day@globalgraphics.com
# wrote:
#
# > Did you try tran, say, a 500 megabyte file structure from OSX to the
# > paritions
# > mounted via netatalk 1.5pre7? This crashes the 10.0.1 machine.
# >
#
# I have 1.5pre7 on a FreeBSD box. I have 10.1 on an iMac. I copied a
# 65mb file from the 10.1 machine just fine. Then I dragged an installer
# CD of around 245mb that had the 65mb file and many .mov and .aiff files
# onto the netatlk volume (TCP) and the first time the netatlk volume
# disappeared after all but around 3 mb had transferred over. Then I
# remounted the netatalk volume (again TCP) and successfully copied the CD
# over. I don't have any 500mb files to try but the 65mb file and the
# 245mb drag of an installer cd worked fine.
#
# Chad
#
Roger