Re: OS X irony

Subject: Re: OS X irony
From: Chad Leigh -- ObjectWerks Inc. (chad@objectwerks.com)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 23:44:35 EDT

On Friday, October 5, 2001, at 10:35 AM, roger.day@globalgraphics.com
wrote:

> Did you try tran, say, a 500 megabyte file structure from OSX to the
> paritions
> mounted via netatalk 1.5pre7? This crashes the 10.0.1 machine.

I have 1.5pre7 on a FreeBSD box. I have 10.1 on an iMac. I copied a
65mb file from the 10.1 machine just fine. Then I dragged an installer
CD of around 245mb that had the 65mb file and many .mov and .aiff files
onto the netatlk volume (TCP) and the first time the netatlk volume
disappeared after all but around 3 mb had transferred over. Then I
remounted the netatalk volume (again TCP) and successfully copied the CD
over. I don't have any 500mb files to try but the 65mb file and the
245mb drag of an installer cd worked fine.

Chad