Re: Making guest

Subject: Re: Making guest
From: Gjermund G Thorsen (gjermund@mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 02:21:23 EDT

My problem is not with unix/linux system administration, but (netatalk.prefs of some sort) which folder is chosen to become the volume for guest, and where do I tell that to netatalk.

I would like

-noddp -tcp -<<whatever it takes to have a guest login to>> /home/guest

I have temporarily solved the problem by making user/password = guest/guest but I find this clumsy.

--
Yours Sincerely,

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

"I’m just sitting here listening to the scream of the butterfly"

On onsdag 3. oktober 2001 22:17, Karen A Swanberg <swanberg@tc.umn.edu> wrote: > >on 10/03/01, Gjermund G Thorsen wisely declared: > >> I made guestvolume... with no problems, but how do I set which folder >> guestvolume points to? Now it points to /home , with no read privs, >> for writing, nor reading. > >Have you edited the /usr/local/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default file yet >(the location of that file may change, but that's the default location)? >What are the unix permissions on the folder you want to be the guest >volume? > >-Karen > >- - > Karen Swanberg | Sys Admin | Dept. of Geology and Geophysics >206 Pillsbury Hall | 310 Pillsbury Ave. SE | University of Minnesota > Minneapolis, MN 55455 (612) 624-6541 (612) 625-3819 (f) > > * <---- Tribble . <--- Tribble.tgz > -- Yours Sincerely,

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads." - Revelation 13, 18