Re: recent servers items do not function properly

Subject: Re: recent servers items do not function properly
From: Gjermund G Thorsen (gjermund@mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:23:31 EDT

make sure you config the server:

-noddp -tcp

and have set current amount of clients to an appropriate number, if higher than 5!

--
Yours Sincerely,

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

"I’m just sitting here listening to the scream of the butterfly"

On mandag 1. oktober 2001 21:14, Wagner One <wagner@wagnerone.com> wrote: >I am running two netatalk servers via linux boxen. one is a very old version >of netatalk on a old rh linux distribution. One is the latest sourceforge >version (not the CVS) version of netatalk running on a very recent rh7.1 >distribution. > >In the same zone we are running a native, Appleshare IP server (6.3 i >believe) on Apple hardware. > >Recent Servers items from the ASIP/Apple server on the clients are rock >solid, always function as expected. Recent Servers items resulting from >mounting volumes on the netatalk servers always fail stating that the shared >volume cannot be found on the network. > >I don't recall this as problem on the current old server or previous setups >on other machines that no longer exist. However, with the latest netatalk >src on this rh7.1 machine, the situation has cropped up. > >I had empty afpd.conf to begin with and tried adding some items to the >default server directives in order to troubleshoot with no luck. I killed >atalkd and just ran afpd with no luck. I could mount the server volumes via >ip in the Chooser, but the resulting Recent Servers items still >do no work. > >Does this sound familiar to anyone? Searchs of "Recent Servers" through the >archives didn't turn up anything, so it may not be. Hope it is something >I've just overlooked. > >Thanks in advance, >Mike > >-- >wagner@enteract.com, wagner@well.com, wagner@teamschoeps.org >"Music self-played is happiness self-made." >