Re: so, options:noadouble just plain doesn't work?

Subject: Re: so, options:noadouble just plain doesn't work?
From: Charles Mangin (charles@burneydesign.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 15:52:57 EDT

>Have you upgraded netatalk since your original install? When I went
>from 1.4.x to 1.5pre3 I found the .appledouble data to be
>incompatible. I was able to move/delete files existing on the
>server, but could not write new files without a -50 error.

nope. this is a new install of 1.5pre. i had figured ther would be
problems in upgrading, since so much changed from 1.4x to 1.5

the options:noadouble is the culprit, i'm certain now. i created two
shares on the server, one with noadouble enabled, and one with
noadouble disabled, both pointing to the same place. copying a folder
with files in it to one share worked fine; copying the same files to
the other share failed every time with "file is locked"