printing from Mac to Linux using netatalk

Subject: printing from Mac to Linux using netatalk
From: Chris (nholland1@qwest.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 19:16:22 EDT

Hi,
    I need some help printing from my Mac's to my Linux server. I'm using
the most recent Netatalk on a Red Hat 7.1 Linux server. My Mac client are
using Mac OS 8 - 9 sharing files with the Linux Box over TCP/IP.

I want to be able to us my hp deskjet printer connectd to lpt1 with my Macs
but do not know how to do it. I have looked at the faq's and readme's and
have not found any thing to do with printing to a deskjet, which is a
non-postscript printer.

I have set up my linux machine to share a printer to my windows clients
using samba and it work fine. Just want to share the printer with the mac's
also.

Thanks,
Christopher